It was wonderful to see you on the weekend. I had an amazing time making the laundry detergent and Jesse has already done some laundry for me with it. Things have settled back into their usual routine and I had some time to try a new recipe. My father makes me almond flour in his dehydrator. He uses the flesh of the almonds that are leftover from making almond milk. A little goes a long way and had a very unique flavor. I modified a recipe for gluten-free muffins from The Best of This Life adding almond flour and some other ingredients. They are not light and fluffy like the ones you make with coconut flour but they are delicious.
Gluten-Free Carob Chip Banana Muffins
Modified from The Best of This Life
2 cups of almond flour
1 cup of gluten-free oats
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of natural vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 cup of mashed bananas (approximately 3 very ripe bananas)
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
2/3 cup of semi-sweet carob chips
1. Preheat panggangan to 350 F.
2. Grease or line muffin pan for 12 muffins.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
4. In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk eggs, add oil and maple syrup.
5. Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients, adding the mashed bananas.
6. Mix well and then add the chocolate chips.
7. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan in equal parts.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes – tops will crack open when ready, always test the center to make sure it comes out clean on a knife.
I hope you and Jason had a great Family Day. Jesse and I took the quad out on lake Simcoe and after a cold day on the ice it was nice to come home to a hot cup of tea and delicious muffin.