So my brain started working with what I could make with my farmer’s market finds. I had purchased romaine lettuce, green onion, cherry tomatoes and corn. Someone there was also selling some fresh guacamole so I bought that too! I can never turn down guac. Never.BUSH’S Best Organic Black Beans
This salad is so filling (black beans have lots of fiber and protein!) that you won’t even miss the meat!
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can BUSH’S® Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 can sliced olives, drained well
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup catalina (or French) dressing
- optional toppings:
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- First, cook your corn. This is so easy to do in the microwave. Arrange both ears of corn, un-shucked, in the microwave. If you prefer, you can set them on a microwaveable plate or tray. Cook for 5 minutes. Allow to cool. Set the ears on a cooling rack or cutting board to cool. When the silks and top leaves are cool enough to handle, quickly shuck the husks off the cobs. Then cut the corn off the cob.
- In a large salad bowl, add chopped lettuce, BUSH’S® Organic Black Beans, tomato, cheese, olives and corn. When ready to serve, add corn chips and dressing to salad.Pouring French dressing over Vegetarian Taco SaladServe with optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo.Large Bowl of Vegetarian Taco Salad with Pico de Gallo
- I love ALL the toppings!
- Toss to coat.
- Then dig in!