Thai iced coffee is traditionally made with sweetened and condensed milk or heavy cream, but I opted to try and keep this lite (it is a protein shake after all) and went for the unsweetened almond milk and more than enough servings of instant espresso coffee powder.
Where the real Thai flavor comes from with this recipe is the ground cardamom and almond extract. then pair that with a chocolate protein shake and coffee and you’re set for the entire day! Make this for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up and you’ll thank me later.
- 1 cup brewed cold coffee *
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup ice to taste
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and desired consistency is reached.
- If smoothie is too thick, add a little more coffee or water or almond milk and blend again.
- If smoothie is too thin, add a little more ice and blend again.