They only take a few minutes to thaw out enough to make slicing them easy and after a 20-minute trip to the oven you’ll have bubbly hot pepperoni pizza roll-ups ready to satisfy hungry mouths.
Pizza is universal – you just can’t go wrong – everyone loves it!
They’re destined to be crowd-pleasers.
The perfect make-ahead appetizers/snacks! You can assemble them ahead of time, freeze and pop them out as needed. Just slice and bake!.
- 1 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup diced pepperoni (the sausage/stick type)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- On a lightly floured surface unfold the puff pastry. Spread the sauce from edge to edge leaving about a 1-inch border on one of the longest sides.
- Sprinkle with the oregano than the mozzarella, pepperoni, and parmesan. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roll the pastry up toward the 1-inch border keeping the roll as tight as you can. Wrap in plastic wrap. To maintain the round shape you can stick it inside a cardboard paper towel roll that has been cut lengthwise.
- Stick it in the freezer for at least an hour (or longer if you want to make them ahead of time for a party or special occasion).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it well. If the pizza roll has been frozen for longer than an hour then you should let it sit out on the counter about 20 minutes before slicing.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut the roll into 1-inch thick slices. Lay them 1 – 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before serving.
Copyright ©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved