Rocky Road Peanut Clusters are made in the microwave and use only FIVE ingredients. A simple, delicious, easy candy recipe that everyone will enjoy!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil OR shortening
- 1½ cups roasted, lightly salted peanuts
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and vegetable oil together in a large microwave-safe container. I used a Pyrex glass measuring cup.
- Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir, repeat, until chips are melted and smooth.
- Quickly stir in the peanuts and marshmallows.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the waxed paper. You can make them as large or as small as you like.
- Let set up in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before packing. Store leftovers (ha!) in an airtight container.