In just a few short minutes, you can enjoy a hot, wholesome, homemade breakfast of Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal, flavored with cinnamon, sweetened with honey, and topped with crunchy peanuts!
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey, optional
- Sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, and cinnamon, for serving
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, bring milk to a boil, watching carefully so that it doesn’t boil over. Stir in oats, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover for a few minutes. Stir in mashed banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Stir in honey, to taste, if desired. Top with sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, and additional cinnamon before serving.