This Perfect Pumpkin Pie is in a word: delicious! A light and creamy filling that’s beautifully spiced and just sweet enough, piled high with whipped cream!
- One 9″ frozen deep dish pie crust OR 1 refrigerated pie crust fitted in a deep dish pie plate
- One 15oz can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- One 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (may substitute with light)
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tsp ground cinnamon (depending on how spiced you like it)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Fresh or prepared whipped cream or whipped topping
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Place the prepared pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet in case any pie filling drips out during the baking process.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pie ingredients until smooth and well combined, about 1 minute. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust – crust will be VERY full. Loosely tent the pie crust edges with pie shields or foil.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove the pie to a wire rack to cool completely, then refrigerate for about 2 hours until firm. Serve with fresh or prepared whipped cream.