A sweet outer chocolate shell surrounds a decadent, chocolate Oreo filling. No baking necessary and only 5 ingredients needed!
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) Oreos (any flavor, double stuffed or regular both work)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz. white baking chocolate (*The higher quality the better, I always use Baker’s baking chocolate bars)
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup holiday sprinkles
- Place the Oreos (filling & all) in a food processor (in batches if necessary) and process until fine crumbs are formed and large chunks are gone.
- Mix in the softened cream cheese until very well combined and the dough becomes sticky. I use my hands for this!
- Roll about 1- 1 ½ tablespoons of dough into a ball and set aside on a plate or in a container that you can fit in the freezer. Freeze the balls for at least 30 minutes.
- Baker’s chocolate bars melt really well in the microwave and are ideal for dipping. (Chocolate chips, not so much.) Place the white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted.
- Add about 5 drops of green food coloring and mix until uniform in color.
- How I dipped the Oreo balls into the chocolate:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove 1-2 Oreo balls from the freezer at a time. Drop them into the chocolate and roll them around carefully with a fork (try not to pierce them).
- There is likely one part that is flatter, which was the bottom of the ball when it sat in the freezer. Slide the fork underneath the flatter part and lift. Slide the bottom of the fork across the edge of the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip off, then set on top of the baking sheet.
- Add the sprinkles on top right after dipping, before the chocolate sets. The chocolate sets pretty quickly which is nice. Once you’ve dipped them all, refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to set. They should always stay chilled and stay fresh for up to 5 days in the fridge, or for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You may now refer to these, as truffles : )
- You can also use Mint Oreos for a festive minty flavor!