This Chocolate Cotton Cheesecake is the fluffiest cake ever and with the addition of a rich chocolate ripple this jiggly treat is like taking a bite out of a cloud. Try serving this with fresh berries, whipped cream or chocolate sauce to take it to another level!
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 13 large egg whites
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk the milk, cream cheese, and butter until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the cream mixture, stirring until evenly combined.
- Sift in the flour and the cornstarch, whisking to make sure there are no lumps.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until you see soft peaks when lifting the mixer up from the egg whites. Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up.
- Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined.
- Separate in half, add cocoa powder and fold until combined.
- Place a 4-inch parchment paper strip around the edge of a 9×3-inch cake pan that is already lined with parchment at the bottom. If you are using a springform pan, make sure to wrap the bottom and sides completely in foil, twice, to prevent any leakage.
- Pour the batter alternating between batters into the parchment-lined pan and shake to release any large air bubbles.
- Place the filled pan into a larger baking pan or dish lined with 2 paper towels at the bottom. The paper towels ensure that the heat is distributed evenly along the bottom of the pan. Fill the larger pan about 1-inch with hot water.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 280 degrees, and bake for another 55 minutes, until the cake has risen to almost double its height.Remove from oven, and carefully, invert the cake onto your dominant hand and peel off the paper. Be extremely careful, the cake will be hot.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar, slice, and serve with strawberries while still warm! Enjoy!