This is the perfect food for to serve a during all the basketball games this season! Whether or not you or your friends are into sports this is something that will have everyone wanting to show up to the game day party! It’s total comfort food and it has so many delicious fresh flavors. It may take some prep with all those layers but trust me, it’s so worth it!
- 1 (16 oz) can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained (use Mild if you don’t like much heat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium avocados , peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz . sour cream
- 1/2 (6 oz can) black olives, sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together refried beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt/ 1/4 tsp pepper). Spread mixture into an even layer in 7 by 11-inch baking dish.
- Mash avocado with lime juice. Mix in cilantro and season with remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt to taste. Spread into an even layer over the bean layer in baking dish, then spread sour cream over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, black olives over sour cream layer then top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with tortillas chips. Dip can be made a day in advance, just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe source: Cookingclassy.com