This isn’t my first potato salad recipe rodeo on this bloggity blog, but it’s for sure my favorite and dare I say, the best.
- 6 medium white potatoes or Yukon golds, about 2½ to 3 pounds, quartered
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1½ cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Bring potatoes to a boil in large pot of cold water that’s been liberally salted. Reduce the heat to medium high or a lightly rolling boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a pairing knife. Drain and let cool until just able to handle.
- Peel the skins from the potatoes and cut into large diced pieces. Transfer the warm potatoes to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the white vinegar and stir. Allow the potatoes to cool, about 15 minutes. Add the celery and green onions. Chop 4 of the hard boiled eggs and add to the potato mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, yellow mustard, celery seed and salt and pepper. Mix well into the potato mixture and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Slice the last egg into thin slices and place the slices on top of the salad. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.