Skip to content
- 16-ounce loaf hawaiian sweet bread (or your favorite bread)
- 3 1/2 cups International Delights Hot Chocolate (or your favorite prepared hot chocolate, cooled)
- 1/2 cup good quality milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (for inside bread pudding), divided
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice the loaf of bread into 1-inch cubes, cutting off the crust. It will make about 10-11 cups of bread.
- Place the bread cubes on a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, turning twice. (you can skip this step if you’re tight on time, but the toasted bread makes this extra tasty!)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the hot chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- Place one layer of bread cubes into a 9×9 baking dish. Scatter the 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup mini marshmallows over the bread.
- Top with the rest of the bread and pack tightly. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips and 1/4 cup marshmallows.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture into the baking dish. The liquid should come to almost to the top of the dish with a bit of the bread still exposed. Cover with foil.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 325F. Allow the bread pudding to rest on the counter while oven heats.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until the bread cubes are crisp and browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle is firm.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top with the remaining 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows.
- Switch your oven settings to broil and broil for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking. Watch it closely, the broiler can burn the marshmallows easily.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving, it will be very hot. Slice and serve. Enjoy!