Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken Wings
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Author Dinner, then Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wing segments
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I love Famous Dave’s Sweet and Tangy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (I use/love Trader Joe’s)
- canola oil for frying
- Add the salt,pepper and flour to a large ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss.
- Refrigerate for a half an hour then shake the bag again.
- Refrigerate another half hour.
- Heat canola oil to 375 degrees.
- Add the chicken about 10 pieces at a time to the hot oil.
- Fry for 12-14 minutes.
- In a small saucepan add the mustard, honey, bbq sauce and whole grain mustard.
- Heat on low and stir until combined and just bubbling.
- Toss the wings with the honey mustard bbq sauce and serve immediately.