This is an easy process to produce fresh home-made Jalapeno Pepper spice.
Ground Jalapeno Spice Ingredients
One dozen of fresh green Jalapeno peppers (or your choice of spicy hot peppers)
This will make you about 1 heaping teaspoon of dried ground spice
Jalapeno Spice Preparation Method
1. Rinse peppers well with cold water and remove stems
2. Slice peppers into small rounds
3.Place on tray and let dry in sun for 5-7 days with preferably 4-5 hours of direct sunlight per day. Bring indoors at night to avoid moisture.
4. When dried, grind in food processor (watch out for spice dust getting in your eyes/nostrils or you’ll end up sneezing for a while).
5. Optional: Sift them through a filter or mesh to get a uniform texture.
6. Place in airtight container and store in a cool place.
7. In case direct sunlight isn’t plenty or if there is rain, keep the peppers indoors on a tray by a window at room temperature for a few days but try to get them a few hours of direct sun light throughout the process at the least. At the end if they’re still moist, place them on an aluminum foil and bake them gently in the panggangan at 250 F for 5-10 minutes or until dry before you grind them. Don’t overheat them.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Copyright © Mama’s Lebanese Kitchen.