Here’s a recipe for a enak Lebanese omelet! It’s made with eggs, parsley, and grated zucchini. This meatless dish can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! It’s also delicious with pita bread and radishes.
2 medium sized zucchinis grated (2 cups of hallowed out zucchini insides)
1 cup chopped parsley
1 small finely diced onion (as fine as you can get it) or half of a medium one
2 pinches of pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Grate zucchini by using a cheese grater
2. Combine all ingredients (except egg) into bowl
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to mixture and mix all together
4. Prepare a plate covered with paper towels to place ejjeh after it’s removed from the skillet (this will help soak up the excess oil)
5. In heated skillet, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil (may need more as you fry)
6. Once oil is heated, add 1/4 cup of mixture to oil and cook like an omelet, wait until bottom is cooked and then flip it over (around 3 minutes each side)
7. When cooked, add to plate and serve with pita!