For Tahini Sauce
Yogurt 3/4 cup
Tahini 4 tbsp
Lemon juice 3 tbsp
Garlic (mashed) 2 cloves
Salt as required
Cumin a pinch
Arabic bread 1 plate
Cooked chickpeas with stock 2 cups
Aleppo pepper a pinch
Ghee 2 tbsp
Pine nuts 1 tbsp
Parsley 1 tbsp
To Make Tahini Sauce
1. In a bowl, mix yogurt with tahini, add lemon juice, garlic and season with pinch of salt and cumin. Adjust taste, acidity and thickness.
To Make the Fatteh & Assemble
1. Preheat the panggangan to 160˚C.
2. Cut bread into cubes, medium in size and toast in the oven.
3. Heat up the boiled chickpeas, season with salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Place toasted bread on the bottom of the plate, topped with chickpeas and then spoon some of chickpea stock over.
5. Cover with tahini sauce and sprinkle red Aleppo pepper on top.
6. To temper: heat ghee in a skillet and toast the pine nuts until golden and immediately pour over the Fatteh. Garnish with parsley.