Lamb koftas with rustic tabouli, herbs recipe, brought to you by Real Living
1/3 cupcracked wheat (bulgur)
2/3 cupboiling water
1 bunchflat-leaf parsley, chopped
handful roughly chopped fresh mint
200 gpunnet grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
1 lebanese cucumber, quartered and sliced
3 green onions (shallots), sliced
2 tbsplemon juice
2 tbspextra olive oil
salt flakes and cracked black pepper
600 g lamb mince
2 clovesgarlic, chopped finely
1 tspground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp roughly chopped mint
2 green onions (shallots), sliced
1/3 cupsoda water
1/4 tsp salt flakes
1/2 tsp ground while pepper
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
pita bread, to serve
tzatziki, to serve
Lamb koftas with rustic tabouii
1. Place cracked wheat and boiling water in small bowl; cover with cling wrap. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. In other bowl toss parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until cracked wheat is ready.
3. Meanwhile to make the koftas, combine mince, garlic, ground cumin and coriander, mint, green onions, breadcrumbs, soda water and salt and pepper in bowl. Roll into 12 patties and place on a baking tray.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook koftas for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Drain cracked wheat and toss through salad. Serve with koftas, pita bread and tzatziki.
Use store-bought tabouli if you prefer.
Recipe by real