PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Ingredients / serves 4
600 g lean lamb mince
2 tbsp pine nuts
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp ground allspice
½ cup Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp tahini paste
Juice of half a lemon
4 Turkish rolls
Salad, lemon wedges and picked vegetables, to serve
1. Mix the lamb with the pine nuts, spring onion, garlic and allspice and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties and lightly brush with oil.
2. Preheat a ridged chargrill or barbeque to moderately high and cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
3. Mix the yoghurt and tahini together and season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice to taste. Place onto the buns and top with the patties. Add the salad and serve with lemon wedges and pickled chillies.
1. For a healthier, lighter version try it without the bun and serve with extra salad.
2. The lamb patties can be prepared up to a few hours in advance and refrigerated until ready to cook.