20 Mins Prep
90 Mins Cook
4 chicken thigh cutlets
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbs thyme leaves
2 tbs & 2 tbs extra olive oil
1 lemon, rind finely grated
1/3 cup lemon juice
salt for seasoning
1/2 cup white wine
pepper for seasoning
1/2 cup cracked wheat, rinsed
3 cups parsley leaves, chopped
3/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1. Preheat panggangan to 160°c. Pat dry chicken cutlets with paper towel and lay into a roasting pan.
2. Combine garlic, thyme, oil and lemon rind in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub mixture well into chicken. Leave for 10 minutes.
3. Pour wine and lemon juice into pan with chicken and cover tightly with foil. Place in the panggangan and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and increase panggangan temperature to 200 c. Bake for a further 30 minutes until golden.
4. Meanwhile prepare tabouli. Place cracked wheat in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again, pressing out excess water.
5. Combine cracked wheat, parsley, mint, tomato and onion in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice together. Drizzle dressing over tabouli. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with baked chicken.