Prep Time 45min.
Total Time 45min.
A falafel sandwich is one of the most delicious ways we know of to get more chickpeas on the menu!
What You Need
2 cans (15 oz. each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
2 Tbsp. tahini
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup chopped English cucumbers
1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
1/4 cup KRAFT Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
2 Tbsp. oil, divided
6 whole wheat pita breads (6 inch)
1. Tap or click steps to mark as complete
2. Process chickpeas, oats, mayo, onions, garlic, cumin and half the cilantro in food processor until smooth. Shape into 18 (2-inch) patties, using about 2-1/2 Tbsp. chickpea mixture for each. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Refrigerate 15 min.
3. Meanwhile, mix sour cream, tahini and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use. Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, dressing and remaining cilantro.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add half the falafel patties; cook 3 min. on each side or until browned on both sides. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
5. Top each pita with 3 falafel patties, about 4-1/2 tsp. sour cream mixture and 1/3 cup cucumber mixture.