4 large carrots (peeled and slices 1/4 inch thick)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon moroccan spice blend
1/2 cup red quinoa
1/2 cup white quinoa
2 cups water (or vegetable broth)
2 teaspoons moroccan spice blend
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed) (or 1 1/2 cups cooked beans, from 1/2 cup dry)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
1 handful parsley (chopped)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1 teaspoon moroccan spice blend
salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss the carrots in the olive oil along with the spices.
2. Arrange the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Roast in a preheated 400F/200C panggangan until tender, about 20-30 minutes, turning them once in the middle.
4. Simmer the quinoa in the water along with the spices until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
5. Mix the carrots, quinoa, chickpeas, onion, raisins, pine nuts and parsley in a bowl.
6. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, moroccan spice blend, salt and pepper in a small bowl and then toss the salad in it.
Moroccan Spice Blend
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper