You should make this for St. Patrick’s Day. (Although if you decide to go with one of these instead, I won’t blame you.) Or just on a random day that ends in y. I won’t judge.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 (8 oz) packages of lowfat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Guinness
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar and melted butter together in a medium bowl. Pour into the base on a 9-inch springform pan and press down into the bottom of it. Store in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate and heavy cream, stirring together until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar, greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, chocolate/cream mixture, and guinness, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour this mixture into the springform pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven, with a wooden spoon in the oven door to hold it slightly ajar. Let sit for 60 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely and then chill in the fridge overnight before serving.