Grilled chicken wings are the ultimate comfort food – snack on it while watching your favourite sports show or serve it with mashed potatoes for a heavier meal. It’s widely available and inexpensive. It’s also a safe bet for picky eaters like kids. Best of all, it’s very versatile, marinate or dip it and it will still taste great!
Try these out of this world grilled chicken wings recipes today:
- 2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- Buffalo Sauce (optional)
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F with a strong flavored wood like oak or hickory.
- In a large zip top bag, combine your wings, the olive oil, and the sweet rub (or seasoning of your choice)
- Place the wings on the smoker, close the lid, and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 1.5 hours.
- Preheat the canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet until the oil temperature reads 375 degrees F.
- Transfer the wings from the smoker into the hot oil, working in batches so that the wings don’t touch or overlap.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side, flipping regularly, until the internal temperature of the wings reads 175 degrees F.
- Remove the wings from the skillet and either sprinkle with additional sweet rub before serving or toss in the Buffalo sauce mixture. Serve with napkins and enjoy!