One of the recipes we like to make and one the hubby actually loves is Cream Cheese Wontons. There are a few restaurants in Arizona that serve them, but my sis decided to make up her own recipe and that’s the one we use when we make them. If we aren’t making Fried Egg Rolls, this is the recipe we make. It’s easy to make and is the perfect side to any of our Asian dishes we like to make. We love serving it with some Sweet and Sour sauce, but they’re good with OR without the sauce.
- 4 oz regular cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Pepper
- ½ -1 tsp Paprika
- Egg Roll or Won Ton Wrappers
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a small frying pan on medium Heat.
- Mix spices into softened cream cheese until well incorporated.
- If you have egg roll wrappers, slice them with a pizza cuter into 4 small squares. Won Ton wrappers are already cut to the size you need.
- Using a small ice cream scoop place teaspoon-sized ball in center of square wrapper. Dip your finger in water and spread on the four corners of the wrapper and fold up.
- When oil is hot, fry until all sides are golden brown. Depending on how hot your oil is, you may need to fry for a shorter or longer amount of time. Enjoy with yummy sweet and sour sauce!
Source>>Cream Cheese Wontons@lilluna