CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BITES
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp Slap Your Mama® seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Panko® bread crumbs, might need more
- ½ – ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 slices cooked ham, cut into approximately 1 inch squares
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into approximately 1 inch squares
Dipping sauce, optional
- ? cup Just Mayo®
- 1 Tbs mustard
- Heat oil over low/medium heat.
- Add flour, seasoning, garlic salt to a quart size baggie.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Dip each chicken piece into milk to coat, then add to flour mixture.
- Shake chicken until well coated.
- Remove each piece and dip in milk again.
- Add to Panko® bread crumbs.
- Gently shake chicken pieces to coat.
- Add coated chicken bites to hot oil.
- Cook approximately 7-9 minutes on each side, or until cooked completely and temperature reaches 170°.
- Drain oil from pan. Arrange chicken bites back in pan.
- Add a slice of Swiss cheese, then two pieces of ham, then top with another slice of cheese, to each chicken bite.
- Cover and let cheese melt.
- You might need to place in microwave, on a microwave safe plate, for 35-40 seconds to melt cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise and mustard.