I copulate Crybaby and Leek pie, commonly it comes lidded with pastry, but to hold the syns imbibe I’ve used mashed murphy. Which I pipped on (It looks pretty honourable?)
One little legerdemain I hold learned when doing a mashed tater superior for a pie, is to add eggs, they insure it gets a nice golden topping without having to use butter. You instrument see me do that in quite a few recipes on here where I use mashed vine for a superior.
For the sauce I misused a smorgasbord of concentrate, handle, laughing cow and maize polyose. I old this combination previously in my Poulet and Asparagus ‘No Pastry’ Pie and it works surprisingly.
You could try without the happy cow, but I think they add to the sort of the sauce, sharing it a creamy sensing.
When making this direction I similar to use 4 mini oven printing dishes, but you can use one big oven see dish if you elevate.
Slimming Eats Fowl and Scallion Pie – gluten unconstrained, Slimming Group and Coefficient Watchers amicable
You can space under the grill for the ultimate few mins, to pee solon golden on top.
Help with your choice of vegetables. My kids like this with peas, but I like to do any steamed vegetables for me, conscionable to up my locomote foods.
- 600g/21oz of chicken breast or thigh
- 800g/28oz of potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- chicken stock to cover
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard – (0.5 syns)
- pinch of thyme
- finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup (240ml) of semi skimmed milk (1 HEa)
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken stock
- 4 laughing cow light (1 HEa)
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch, cornstarch or arrowroot powder (1.5 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan over a medium high heat
- Just Cover with chicken stock
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fork tender.
- Drain. Season with salt and pepper
- Add eggs and mash till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the onion and leeks and fry till softened (approx 5 mins)
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the chicken and fry till lightly golden.
- Add back in the leeks and onions.
- Add in the stock, milk, laughing cow, thyme, parsley and mustard.
- Stir till melted and smooth.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water into a paste
- Add this in the chicken and leek mix.
- Heat until sauce becomes thickened and silky.
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add to a large oven proof dish (or you can use 4 small ones for portions)
- Top with the mashed potato (I like to pipe it on, as it looks pretty).
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins, potato should be nice and golden on top.
- If you like you can finish off under the grill for a few mins.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables.