Citrus and spicy, with a hint of honey sweetness, these Cajun Honey Lime Chicken Wings may change the way you flavor your wings forever. The wings are oven baked, and basted with an amazing sauce that will make these wings a crowd favorite.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/3 cup Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Sriracha sauce
- 1 fresh lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.Place chicken wings on baking sheet in a single layer, without crowding. Sprinkle each wing liberally with Cajun seasoning.
- Bake on middle rack of the 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking begin preparing the basting sauce.
- While uncut, zest the lime until you have 1 TBSP of zest. Cut the lime in half and juice 1/2 of the lime, reserving juice and setting aside the other lime 1/2 for later.
- Add the BBQ Sauce, Honey, Sriracha and the juice from 1/2 of the lime to a small bowl. Stir until blended. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and baste with 1/2 of the prepared sauce using a basting brush. Return the chicken to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and baste again with the remaining 1/2 of the basting sauce. Return to the oven for a final 10 minutes to complete cooking and to caramelize the basting sauce on the wings.
- Remove the chicken from the baking pan onto a serving tray. Squeeze the juice from remaining 1/2 of lime over the wings and sprinkle the wings with the lime zest. Serve hot!
* Use salt-free Cajun Seasoning if you are salt-sensitive.