I love garlic butter, it’s delicious on bread, veggies and garlic toast. This garlic butter has a secret little ingredient, a dash of lemon juice, making it extra yummy!
We make up big batches all of the time so I always have it on hand. The great thing is that you can actually keep it in the fridge for a couple of weeks or even freeze it! I take it straight from the freezer to toss with veggies or into mashed potatoes for a quick and delicious addition. If you’d like to spread it onto bread, you can defrost it in the microwave on very low power for about 15 seconds.
This is the best ever garlic butter, perfect on everything from potatoes to garlic bread.
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 small cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve with bread or over hot vegetables.
To make garlic toast, spread garlic butter over fresh bread and place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.