BAKED COCONUT CHICKEN TENDERS (LOW CARB, PALEO)
SERVINGS 3 servings (2 tenders each)
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
- 2 large Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 2 large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a nonstick wire rack onto a lined baking sheet. Spray or brush the rack with oil.
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, then cut into tenders (about 3 tenders per chicken breast). Season both side with sea salt and black pepper.
- Optional step if you have big flakes: Pour the coconut flakes into a ziploc bag and seal. Pound the bag several times to break up the flakes into smaller pieces.
- Arrange three bowls – one with beaten eggs, one with coconut flour, and one with a mixture of coconut flakes, garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Dredge each chicken tender in the coconut flour, dip in the egg shaking off the excess), and finally press/roll in the coconut flakes. Place on the wire rack.
- Bake the chicken tenders for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until firm and cooked through.
- Optional: Turn the oven to the broil setting. Broil on the top rack for about one minute, until one side is crispy. Flip the tenders over, then broil one minute on the other side.