A giant double chocolate cookie that is easy to make and extra fudgy inside. Tastes like an oversized brownie!
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (25g) packed light brown sugar (or dark brown)
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (crack an egg, beat it, and use 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (32g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 2 Tablespoons (11g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (55g) dark chocolate chips + 1 Tablespoon, divided (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the softened butter and sugars together with a spoon or fork until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the center of the baking sheet and mold into a tall ball using a spoon (see picture above). Dot the top of the cookie with 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Add sprinkles on top if desired. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or up to 16 minutes. The cookie will appear very soft, but will firm up as it cools. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.