|Lamb Kofta, Tabouleh Salad|
Recipe by Adrian Richardson from Secret Meat Business – Lifestyle Food
This recipe is from Episode 12 of Secret Meat Business
500 gms lamb mince
1 clove garlic, smashed, peeled, rough chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 whole lemon
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon sumac
¼ cup flat leaf Continental Fresh parsley, roughly chopped
¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
¼ cup rocket, roughly chopped
½ cup Continental parsley, roughly chopped
½ Roma tomato, cut into chunky pieces
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in an panggangan at 200ºC for 2 to 3 minutes and grind with a mortar and pestle until a smooth powder forms.
2. Place the mince in a bowl and add the garlic, ½ a tablespoon of toasted cumin and coriander, sumac, salt and pepper, parsley and coriander.
3. Mix the ingredients together until the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mince.
4. Leave to marinate for ½ an hour, then start to shape the mince into medium sized logs, 2 cm x 10 cm squeeze the meat around a skewer.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the mince and rub gently into the meat.
6. Season the meat koftas with salt and grill on the BBQ or hot pan with a little oil, for approximately 5 to 8 minutes or until meat is golden brown.
7. To make the tabouleh salad, add the rocket, parsley and tomato to a bowl, squeeze lemon juice over the salad, making sure to strain the seeds.
8. Add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Stir gently.
9. Place the skewers onto a plate and cover with lemon juice, fill ½ a pita bread with tabouleh and add the Kofta.