|Baba Ganoush (Eggplant Dip)|
Baked eggplant pureed with tahini, garlic, olive oil and various spices makes this dip delicious! Serve your Baba Ganoush with pita, vegetables and hummus as part of a mezze platter, or just on its own 🙂
Ingredients (makes approx. 1 cup):
1 large eggplant
1 ½ tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp low-fat plain yoghurt
½ lemon, juiced
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp sweet paprika
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat the panggangan to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Pierce the eggplant all over with a fork and cut in half lengthways. Brush all over with the oil and place on the prepared baking tray, cut side down.
3. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the eggplant is very tender. Remove from the panggangan and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Peel off the skin and add the eggplant flesh to a food processor. Add the garlic, tahini, yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika and salt and process until combined and the mixture is creamy. Add the parsley and gently pulse to just incorporate.
5. Allow the Baba Ganoush to cool to room temperature, then season to taste with additional lemon juice, salt and paprika, if desired.
Serve the Baba Ganoush with toasted pita bread and cut up veggies, on a sandwich or as part of a mezze platter. Enjoy!