This rich stew combines eggplant and chickpeas to create a mouthwatering meal steeped in a flavorful tomato sauce.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 30 minutes approximately
Serves: 2-3 persons
All you need
2 small eggplants, sliced round- medium thickness
3 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
400g tin of peeled tomatoes
1/2 tbsp. al alali Tomato Paste
1 ½ tsps. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsps. lemon juice
1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
Handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat the panggangan to 250°C(475° F).
- Brush the two sides of eggplant with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, bake for 8 minutes. Turn the slices and cook for another 8 minutes until slightly brown. Set aside.
- In a large pan, sauté the garlic with the remaining olive oil for 30 seconds. Add peeled tomatoes and al alali Tomato Paste, sugar, salt, and lemon juice.
- Simmer over medium heat for five minutes, add the pomegranate molasses, chickpeas, and eggplant slices.
- Allow the stew to simmering for another 10-15 minutes. Mix parsley just before serving.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!