Delicious and easy to make recipe for Musakhan. This pie can be served hot, warm or cold.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp corn oil
1 cup warm milk
2 pieces chicken fillet, boiled and cut into medium pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
3 large onion sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp sumac
1/4 cup pine nuts sauteed
1. Dough: In an electric mixer bowl, add flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Mix for some seconds. Add corn oil and milk. Process on low speed until dough forms.
2. Place dough in a bowl greased with oil. Rub the dough with oil. Cover the dough with a piece of plastic. Place it in a warm place until doubled in size.
3. Stuffing: In a large frying pan, heat olive oil then add onion and stir. Before the onion takes the golden color add chicken pieces and sumac. Stir to mix. Add pine nuts. Let it cool.
4. Bring a baking tray and put it aside.
5. Sprinkle flour on a flat service and put the dough. Using a rolling pin, spread the dough into a rectangle shape with a thickness of 1/2cm.
6. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the sides of the rectangle into diagonal stripes with a width of 1 inch. In order to place the stuffing, don’t make any cuts on the middle part of the rectangle . The middle part represent 1/3 of the rectangle size.
7. Srpead the stuffing in the middle of the rectangle. Turn the stripes over the stuffing to get a pie shape.
8. Place the tart in the tray. Using a brush, rub the service of the dough with egg yolk. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
9. Put the musakhan pie in the panggangan at 200°C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
10. Place the pie in a serving dish. Sprinkle with sauteed pine nuts. Garnish with some lemon wedges on the sides of the serving dish. Serve hot, warm or cold.