|Vine Leaves with Lentil|
al alali recipe of Vine Leaves with Lentil will give you the chance to enjoy a new taste of the vine leaves rather than the traditional one you got used to!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 1 hour approximately
Serves: 5 persons
All you need
1 jar al alali Vine Leaves washed and drained
1/2 cup Crushed Yellow Lentil washed and drained
1 Large onion chopped
2 Tomato finely chopped
1 Tomato sliced
3/4 cup Egyptian rice washed and drained
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsps. lemon juice
Parsley bunch finely chopped
Mint bunch finely chopped
3 Hot or sweet red pepper
1 tsp. al alali Paprika
1 tsp. al alali Ground Cinnamon
Salt to taste
1 tbs. al alali Tomato Paste
1 tsp. al alali Ground White Pepper
1 tsp. Turkish coffee (dark) optional
- Mix onions with spices and salt, add parsley, mint, tomatoes, oil, al alali Tomato Paste.
- Add rice and lentil to the mixture.
- Place the sliced tomatoes in the bottom of the pot.
- Stuff the pepper and vine leaves with the filling.
- Place the pepper and vine leaves over the tomato slices, add salt.
- Cover content with hot water.
- Place a plate over the content.
- Cook on high heat for few minutes, reduce heat, remove the plate.
- Add lemon juice, heat simmer until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Place in a serving plate, garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve and enjoy