|Chicken Maqluba with Peas|
Give your family a whole meal in one dish. Try this easy recipe for the famous chicken maqluba with peas!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 25 minutes approximately
Serves: 6 persons
All you need
3 onions chopped
5 cloves garlic sliced
1 can al alali Garden Peas drained
1 can al alali Sweet Corn drained
1 boiled chicken
2 tomatoes cut into rings
3 cups broth from the boiled chicken
1 cube al alali Chicken Stock
1 tsp. al alali Garlic Powder
Salt to taste
4 cups rice long grain
1cup rice short grain
1 tbsp. al alali allspice
1/2 tbsp. al alali Ground cinnamon
1/4 tbsp. al alali Ground Black Pepper
- Mix long and short grains rice, wash and soak for half an hour.
- In a pot, heat the oil, saute onions, garlic cloves, al alali Garden Peas, al alali Sweet Corn, Chicken Stock, Garlic Powder and salt.
- Drain the rice, add spices and salt. Mix well.
- Place 4 tbsps. of rice in a pot, add the tomato rings over the rice, then add the boiled chicken cut into pieces, then add corn and peas mixture, finally add the remaining quantity of rice.
- Heat chicken broth, add to the rice carefully.
- Bring to boil, simmer for 25 minutes.
- Set aside, flip on serving plate.
- Serve hot and enjoy!