|Knafeh Tart with nuts|
Cooking time: 10 minutes | servings: 8 people
3 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup orange blossom water
1 cup walnut
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 package Kataifi (shredded filo dough)
2 tbsp orange blossom water
Ater (sugar syrup), see recipe below
1. In a food processor put flour, butter, margarine and salt. process until you get crumbly dough.
2. Add orange blossom water while processing until the dough forms. Cover dough with plastic then place it in the fridge for one hour.
3. Stuffing: In a food process put walnut, almonds, sugar, cinnamaon and orange blossom water. Procees until mixture is smooth.
4. On a floured surface put the dough then spread it using a rolling pin until it becomes thin. Use a round biscuit cutter size 2 inch to cut dough into circles. Place dough circles in the cupcake pan.
5. Place the stuffing on the dough.
6. In a bowl put shredded filo dough and margarine. Mix with your fingertips until the knafeh is covered well with margarine. Put the knafeh dough on the tart.
7. Place tart in the over at 180°C until golden brown.
8. Pour the ater (sugar syrup) over knafeh tart then garnish with minced pistachio.
Recipe for Ater (sugar syrup)
2 cups caster sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp rosewater
To make syrup, place sugar in a saucepan with 1 cup water, lemon juice and rosewater over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.