|Osh El bulbul|
Cooking time: 10 minutes servings: 6-8 people
1/2 package Kataifi (shredded filo dough)
2 cups whole Pistachio
Ater (sugar syrup):
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup water
11/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Ater (sugar syrup): Place sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
2. Preheat the panggangan to180°C . Bring a tray and grease it with oil.
3. Stuffing: Place pistachios in a bowl then power over it 1 cup of ater (sugar syrup). Mix until pistachios are covered with ater.
4. Spread the stuffing in the greased tray. Place it in panggangan for several minutes until ater evaporates and pistachios stick with each other. Let it cool.
5. Bring a tray with a wide edge.
6. Take a little of the shredded filo dough with your right hand. Form into circular small shape like the birds nest on two fingers of your left hand. Cut extra knafeh strings.
7. Place the nest in the tray. complete forming the rest of knafeh strings into nests and place them close to each other in the tray.
8. Place some stuffing inside each nest.
9. Pour meted margarine to cover the nests. Place the try in the preheated panggangan for 20 to 25 minutes until nests become golden brown.
10. Carefully remove extra melted margarine from the tray. Let it cool completely, then pour plenty of ater (sugar syrup) over nets.
11. Carefully, take out the nests from the tray and arrange them in a serving dish.