|Manakish zaatar and jibneh|
3 cups flour, sifted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small egg, whipped
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup water, warm (or less depending on flour type)
2 teaspoon yeast, Instant
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup Middle Eastern thyme mixture
1/2 cup olive oil
1 large spoon Sesame, Roasted
500 grams white cheese, Nabulsi or Akawi (salinity medium) cut into thin slices
1/2 cup cheese, Kashkaval or any type of grated yellow cheese coarse
– Mix dough ingredients well for 10 minutes until smooth.
– Sprinkle with little flower and transfer into a deep bowl, cover with plastic wrap or wet kitchen towel. Put aside for 2 hours in a warm place.
– Place dough on a surface sprinkled with little flour.
– Cut into balls based on required size. Roll it with the rolling pin into thin circles 1/2 cm thickness.
– Place rolled dough on trays greased with olive oil.
– Mix zaatar with extra sesame and olive oil. Spread over dough and press it a little.
– Spread white cheese over dough and sprinkle with a little amount of yellow cheese.
– Leave dough to rest for 15 minutes.
– Preheat panggangan to 180°C.
– Place trays in the panggangan and bake for about 15 minutes.
– Serve hot.