Cooking time: 30 minutes | serves: 6
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup corn oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon corn oil
2 pieces chicken fillet small cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large grated carrot
1 cup peas
1. Dough: Put the flour, whole-wheat flower, salt, turmeric, oil and water in the bowl of a food processor and process on medium speed until the dough forms and get separated from the sides of the bowl. Process on low speed another 5 minutes.
2. form the dough into a ball and cover it wrap it with plastic. Let dough rest for about 1 hour.
3. Stuffing: In a large frying pan, add mustard, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes. put the frying pan over medium heat. Using a wooden spoon stir the spices until they begin to smell. Add oil then stir for several seconds.
4. Add the chicken fillet. stir until chicken dries until becomes golden brown.
5. Add onion, garlic, carrots and peas. Stir chicken and vegetables fro several minutes. Leave mixture to cool completely.
6. Bring 2 pieces of baking paper. Take a portion of the dough and put between the two papers. Roll out dough until becomes thin.
7. Using a medium size cup or dough cutter, cut round pieces of the dough. Place 1 tablespoon of the stuffing in the center of each piece and seal the edges by twisting them or pressing with fork.
8. In a deep frying pan add oil about 2 inches high. put on medium heat until oil gets heated well.
9. Deep-fry the chicken sambousek until golden brown. Remove from oil and place in kitchen tissues to absorb excess oil.
10. Serve sambousek hot.