Bukhari Rice is a very simple but delicious rice which is popular in the Middle East. Especially the Gulf Countries. A deliciously scented Rice with chicken.
For the rice:
700 g chicken (skin and fat removed), cut into pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of each (salt, black pepper)
2 tablespoons corn oil
2 cups tomatoes, blended
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 carrots, cut into thin strips
1 Liter boiling water
For the spicy tomato Salad:
¾ cup green coriander, chopped
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 green chili (optional)
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon dry coriander, ground
1) In a cooking pot over medium heat, place the chicken, onion, whole spices, salt, black pepper, and oil
2) Add the tomato juice and tomato paste
3) Meanwhile wash the rice then cook it in the boiling water and strain it once it is half way cooked.
4) Add the carrot to the chicken and tomato mix; bring it to a boil
5) Add the rice and bring to a boil then lower the heat and put a metal ring under the pot and cover for 20 minutes.
6) When the rice is cooked (if it is not cooked leave on the heat for more time and add a little boiled water), transfer into a plate and garnish with almonds and raisins.
7) For the spicy tomato salad: add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend well; serve alongside the rice.