1 tbspground cinnamon
2 tbspground cumin
10 cardamom pods
4 allspice berries
1 tbspground turmeric
1 1/2 tsppaprika
4 clovesgarlic, chopped
4 cmpiece ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup(180ml) olive oil
Lebanese chicken with radish salad
1 kgbutterflied chicken pieces
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 long red chilli, seeded, finely sliced
1 spring onion, finely sliced
3 radishes, finely sliced
1 lebanese cucumber, diced
5 okra, sliced
1 lemon, segmented
2 tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1 tbspapple cider vinegar
3 tbspchopped flat-lead parsley leaves
3 tbspchopped coriander leaves
3 tbspchopped mint leaves
1. To make the marinade; put all the spices in a food processor or spice grinder and process until you have a fine powder. Add the garlic and ginger, and process to a paste. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the honey and oil.
2. Rub the marinade into the skin and flesh of the chicken. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Remove the chicken from the fridge and season with a little salt and pepper. Heat a barbecue to high or preheat the panggangan to 180°C. If you are using a barbecue, cook the chicken for 10-14 minutes, or until cooked through, turning over after 5-7 minutes. Alternatively, place the chicken on a baking tray, spaced well apart, and roast in the panggangan for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. To make the radish salad; combine the chilli, spring onion, radish, cucumber, okra and lemon in a bowl. Add the oil, vinegar and herbs, season to taste and gently toss.
5. Serve the chicken with the radish salad.