A great Middle Eastern snack of mashed roasted eggplant and garlic purée, served with mini pitas.
1 large eggplant, cut in half lengthwise
1 heads of garlic, unpeeled
30 mL (2 tablespoons) olive oil
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the panggangan to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the eggplant cut side down on the baking sheet. Roast until the flesh is very tender and pulls away easily from the skin, about 1 hour depending on the eggplant’s size. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, cut the tips off the garlic cloves. Place the cloves in a square of aluminum foil. Fold up the edges of the foil and crimp together to form a tightly sealed packet. Roast alongside the eggplant until tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool. Purée the cloves by pressing them through a garlic press.
4. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh from the eggplant and place it in the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic purée and oil. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with mini pitas. Source Recipe: https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com