Pita bread or khubz is flatbread made with all purpose flour or with wheat flour.This is the most common staple food in the Arab world
I tried making these filling and easy cheesy pita pockets /triangles with three types of pita bread available ,thin like a chapati,medium and thick like a pizza base ,all turn out good ,but personally I like the thicker version best for making these pockets or triangles.
Try and enjoy these delicious pita pockets/triangles
Servings Prep Time
5 people 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Corn kernals-3/4 cup
Chopped jalapeno -1 tbsp
Cottage cheese or tofu-1 cup
Sliced black olives-1/2 cup
Grated mozzarella cheese-1 cup
- Cut and open pita bread from one side and make a pocket.
- Pressure cook corn kernals for 2 whistles.drain and keep aside.
- Make small cubes of cottage cheese / tofu or crumble it.chop capsicum into small pieces.
- Mix every thing for stuffing in a bowl
- Stuff this mixture in the pita pocket and apply some butter or olive oil over the pita bread.
- Grill it till golden and crisp
- Slice into 4 triangles and serve hot.
Serving tips: serve with tomato ketchup or salsa dip