Quick and simple, you can prepare these little desserts ahead of time.
Prep Time: 15 MIN
Total Time: 2 HR 30 MIN
6 saffron strands
2 teaspoons hot milk
1 sachet (49g) Betty Crocker™ Crème Caramel Mix
3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed, seeds removed and ground
1/4 teaspoon rose water
1 sachet (35g) Betty Crocker™ Homestyle Whipping Cream Mix
115ml cold milk
Dried rose petals
4 x 150ml capacity molds/serving cups
Electric or hand held mixer
- Place saffron strands in small bowl with 2 teaspoons hot milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place 575ml milk into a medium pan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Add the crème caramel mix. Return to a boil stirring continuously to ensure the powder has fully dissolved. Stir in the saffron milk, cardamom and rose water.
- Pour the mixture carefully into 4 (150ml capacity) heatproof molds or serving cups. Cool 15 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate 2 hours or until fully set.
- Beat whipping cream mix and cold milk in medium bowl as directed on package.
- Gently run a knife around the sides of each mold and turn out onto servings plates or serve in serving cups. Sprinkle with dried rose petals. Serve with the whipping cream.
Another way of ensuring the crème caramel comes out of the mold is to very quickly dip the mold in hot water. The crème caramel should then slide out. You can serve the crème caramel in the molds or serving cups instead of turning out.