Servings 5 | Cooking Time 10 minutes | Preparation Time 45 minutes
You can make the Kibbeh into small or big balls and roast them on an barbecue grill
6 Kiri squares
500 g minced lamb meat
1 medium eggplant (peeled and finely diced)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tablespoon chili paste
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup kuman (chopped)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 teaspoon 7 spices mixed spices
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- Fry the eggplant in olive oil. Add garlic and onion and stir until golden.
- Add pomegranate molasses, basil, spices and cumin. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add walnuts and chili paste (enough to taste)
- Mash the Kiri squares in a bowl with a fork, add it to the stuffing and mix well.
- Form the Kobeibah balls, fill them with the prepared stuffing and fry in oil for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Adopted from Kiri Recipes