Whip up this delicious Turkish dish and surprise your friends with your culinary skills! Adopted from alalali.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes approximately | Cooking Time: 25 minutes approximately | Serves: 6 persons
All you need
1/2 large chicken
1 medium onion
1 bay leaf
3 cups water
salt to taste
1 pinch alalali Ground Black pepper
2 slices white toast, crust removed
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. dried coriander
1/2 cup walnuts (peeled)
1/2 cup cold water
- In a pot, add water, onion, salt, al alali Ground Black Pepper, cardamom and bay leaf, bring to a boil. Add the chicken and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Strain the broth and set aside the clear broth
- Soak bread in cold water for 15 minutes
- Grind walnuts in the food processor until finely ground.
- Squeeze excess water out of bread, add to the walnuts, add coriander, mix in the food processor until smooth paste
- Add the chicken broth and walnut/bread paste in a sauce pan, cook on medium heat until sauce thickens
- De-bone the chicken and cut into 4 parts.
- Arrange the chicken over cooked white rice, pour sauce over chicken. Keep some of the sauce aside.
- Serve hot and enjoy!