Prep Time 15 min
Total Time 5 hr 30 min
Serve your family with this savory chicken recipe with flavors of pineapple, marjoram, garlic and lemon juice – a hearty slow cooked dinner.
8 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds), skin removed
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits or chunks in juice, undrained
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chicken in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Mix pineapple, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, marjoram, red pepper and turmeric; pour over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from cooker, using slotted spoon; place in serving dish. Cover to keep warm.
3. Remove fat from sauce. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into sauce.
4. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in olives.
5. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.