Arabian laham mandi is easily the most popular Arabian food. You can now enjoy this popular Arabian food at home by following this simple recipe.
Prep Time 15 Mins + 4 Hours
Cook Time 1 Hour
Mutton 1 kg
Rice 2 cup (soaked for half an hour)
Carrot 2 (grated)
Capsicum 2 (sliced)
Olive oil 4 tbsp
Almond ½ cup
Chicken stock 4 cup
Salt as required
Green cardamom 4
Black pepper 10
Nutmeg 1 pinch
Bay leaf 2
Ginger powder 1 tsp
Lemon 4 (sliced)
Water 1 cup
- For mandi spice: Add nutmeg, bay leaves, ginger powder, black pepper and clove in a grinder and grind well.
- Now put mandi spices in a bowl and add lemon, 2 tablespoon oil, 1 cup water and salt.
- Apply this mixture to the mutton and leave to marinate for a few hours.
- Then tightly pack with aluminum foil.
- Now bake in panggangan for 40 minutes.
- Take out from panggangan and cook until water dries.
- Inflame a piece of coal and place it in the middle of mutton pan.
- Now drizzle a little oil on coal and immediately cover it tightly.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add chicken stock and boil for a while.
- Then add 1 tsp mandi spice.
- Now add salt and rice and cook till very little water is left.
- Then mix capsicum and carrot.
- Cover tightly and steam on very low heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- When rice is ready, take it out in platter and put prepared mutton on top.
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot.
Source: Chef Mehboob