Preparation time 1 hr
Serves 20 – 24 pieces
Cooking time 10 mn
▪ ½ kg fresh pumpkin, boiled, pureed and drained in a sieve for 10 hours.
▪ 1 onion, minced in a processor
▪ 280g bulgur wheat
▪ 120g plain flour
▪ 1tsp salt
▪ 1 tsp all spice
▪ 1 tsp dried mint
▪ 2 tbsp frying oil
▪ 1 onion, sliced
▪ 3 cups Al Wadi Al Akhdar frozen chopped spinach
▪ ½ cup Al Wadi Al Akhdar canned chick peas
▪ 1 tsp salt
▪ 4 tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar pomegranate molasses
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, sauté the onion until brown and soft. Add Spinach and chickpeas and fry. Turn off the heat, add seasoning, pomegranate molasses and set aside.
2. Process onion, pumpkin purée and bulgur wheat. Add seasoning and flour, mix and let it cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour. If mixture is too hard add few drops of water.
3. Moisten your hands and form kibbeh mixture into egg-size balls. With your index finger, make a hole on one end of the oval ball and spoon one tablespoon of filling inside and pinch the end to seal.
4. Fry the kibbeh in cooking oil in batches or if desired, roast it in panggangan for about 25mn.
5. Place the kibbeh on a serving dish and enjoy.